Saturday, August 21, 2010

The second month - from Facebook

So the MRI spotted something about 3 inches away from the diagnosed area, but MRIs are notoriously famous for being sooo sensitive that it may be nothing, so an ultrasound is on tap for tomorrow. If nothing is seen, that is good and I get up from the table (well, it's not quite that easy with your breast hanging in a hole). If there is something, another biopsy will be done. Either way, I think I found my surgeon when she mentioned bringing a plastic surgeon on board - It's a 3 inch chunk I am saying good bye to, and youthful breasts or not, 3 inches is 3 inches!! I finally realized that I don't have to make any decisions about treatment until after the lumpectomy. Treatment for Stage 0 DCIS really is about the future, not the present, and I need to pay attention to that fact. Saw a naturopath oncologist and he gave me a prescription for supplements to strengthen my system. I hope to have surgery the first week of June so I can be ready for the Rock and Roll June 26. I only had one meltdown this week and my ex-husband listened patiently all the way through it and then asked me if I felt better - which I did! Thank you all for your energy, thoughts, prayers, love, and friendship. I have felt it all and feel so blessed and very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment