Sunday, August 29, 2010

More damn the insurance company!

I found an insurance advocate, but after a lot of conversation and investigation, she turned me down - she did not see how she could win this appeal in a timely manner. She gave me excellent advice, guidance, and a road map to do this myself. So I have spend the last 5 hours mulling this over in my mind - She said there is no real scientific evidence that what I want is better than what has been offered, and sent me articles attesting to that - but I found just as many articles attesting the opposite way. I need to make a list of what to do:

Call Dr. Kuske's office - I need him to clarify his sentence about 'not meeting current guidelines' - He told me he did tumors up to 4 cm, and mine of 3.3 was outside current guidelines of 3 cm, but he could do it. That last paragraph of his letter ... now that I've had the surgery and test results are negative for invasion ...

See Dr. McFall tomorrow - ask her to write a letter augmenting the choice of Dr. Kuske for radiation.

Posted on Breast Cancer.Org for help from other women who have had to face down their insurance companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment