Saturday, August 21, 2010

After Surgery - from Facebook

Cathy Christian June 8 at 8:30pm

So ... I keep learning new things! Just because the lymph nodes are clear when examined during surgery doesn't mean they are totally clear - until all the lymph node is examined later ... and the pathologist discovered my lead lymph node did have a small (.5cm) bit of cancer. It is so small it was easily missed and unexpected, otherwise my surgeon would not have told me with confidence the nodes were clear after surgery. She did say she felt there was only a 2-3% chance of any other nodes being involved. She did admire her work, though, as she cleared me to start training again - she did a great job considering how much she removed! This surgeon is an artist and a seamstress in her spare time, which shows in her work. I am actually cancer-free - I need to figure out the kind of energy to expend on remaining that way. I actually think of myself going to the Costco of cancer treatments - there are so many to choose from - some are packaged in small units (like the supplements and drugs) and some are packaged in big doses (like chemo and radiation) - It's probably going to be like eating your way through Costco - I'll try a bit of supplement and see about the radiation and maybe I'll taste the green food section ... I see 3 oncologists this week to help me navigate the aisles... I'm in a really good place and so fortunate to have the support I do - it is imperative, let me tell you!! It is impossible to go through this without all of you in my life! Love to you all --

No comments:

Post a Comment