Sunday, September 12, 2010

My sister called me

I haven't heard from Laurie since July 30. It was a nice surprise when she called. Amazing to me, when she asked how I was doing I got a catch in my throat and what poured out was that my family had abandoned me and that I had finally told Mom and Dad that their job was to call me once a week. She asked if they had done that and I said yes - then she apologized profusely for not staying in touch with me - she said she was sorry a lot of times, had no excuses, and I said it was nice that she called. She said she would call me each week, too. She has been having trouble with plantar fascitis and I told her to find a physical therapist.

I didn't know I would get a catch in my throat. She is hoping I can come to Florida in November, although Ross's job may move to California in January. I told her I am not making any plans right now until I get this radiation thing worked. Forgiveness goes a long way, although not with my other sisters. Laurie had talked to Mom previous day and Mom had not mentioned me at all. Mom is too scared to talk about the sisters with each other, afraid Carla and Marcia and Sherrie will yell at her again and call her a gossip, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment